Monday 30 January 2012

Travel!

So two exciting things happened to me this week...the first is that I have officially booked my trip to Ireland for St. Patrick's Day! Six of us study abroads are going - we'll spend a few days in Belfast and then head over to Dublin for St. Patrick's Day, stay up all night and hop on our 5 am flight the next day! I've been saying that I wanted to spend St. Patrick's Day in Ireland ever since I got accepted for exchange, so i'm thrilled that i'll actually get to do it! Secondly (and admittedly less excitingly) I spent the day in Preston on Sunday - we went to a museum there and I learned that Rick Astley and Kim Catrall are both from Lancashire! Then we went shopping, had dinner and hopped on the train back!

In other news, the flu is now officially spreading around my house (the joys of dorm living...) so i've been busy sanitizing, popping vitamins and generally avoiding anyone who looks sick....so keep your fingers crossed that might next post isn't titled 'I'm Sick!'. My friend who lived in our house first term from Spain is also coming up to see us all for a week tonight, so that will be exciting and on wednesday we are having a "birthday party" for Harry, our favourite One Direction-er (a band) so should be a good time!

Have a great last few days of January!

Cheers,
Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment